Saturday, March 8, 2008

Flying February!



Hello all! I can't believe that it is already March, February just flew on by! During the month of February I attended the Shelby County Cattlemen's Banquet and the Miss Rodeo Iowa Clinic. The Cattlemen's Banquet was very successful all around. I was honored to be one of sixteen to earn a scholarship, and they also sponsored me for Miss Teen Rodeo Iowa. I walked around with auction items, and trophies for next year's county fair cattle show, and spent the evening talking to everyone since I hadn't been around home for a while.


The next weekend I didn't have to leave my college 'home town' of Ames for the Miss Rodeo Iowa Clinic. This year the clinic was led by Megan Wiemold and Amanda Eason, both former Miss Rodeo Iowa title holders. Several former and current title holders were present, along with several commitee members. Bobbie Hinds and Paula Jameson made the trek to Ames, even with the oncoming snow. I had a great time with all of the Illinois girls, and may have even influenced a future Cyclone! Megan and Amanda did a great job! I learned so much in two days! I came home for the weekend, which allowed time for me to catch up and let you all know what I have been up to. I hope you enjoy March(I do, my birthday is the 28th)!

No comments: