Monday, June 30, 2008

Lake City, Iowa Heartland Rodeo

Right after getting back from Mexico we headed to Lake City, Iowa for their annual rodeo. This was a big rodeo for my family because it was our first trip in my(our!) new trailer. We got there Saturday in time for the parade, where I rode with the Top Rail Saddle Club. I was honored to be surrounded by more royalty, sisters, Genelle and Ashely Holly. Genelle is the Top Rail Saddle Club Senior Queen, and Ashley is the Top Rail Saddle Club Junior Queen. After the parade we had sometime to hang out and relax, but before I knew it, it was rodeo time. Heartland Rodeo Company provided the stock, and they put on a spectacular show. The specailty act was the Dusty and Rawhide show. Dusty rode Rawhide all the way to the top of the trailer and was very handy with the bull whip. It was amazing! Ashley Holly and I had the chance to chase out Saturday, and Genelle and I did Sunday night. Except for a little rain on Saturday is was an awesome rodeo weekend. A huge thank you to everyone in Lake City that helped me out and to those that helped put on the rodeo.

No comments: