Monday, June 29, 2009

Lake City Rodeo











What beautiful weather we had in Lake City, Iowa, during the 50th annual Top Rail Saddle Club Rodeo. On Friday night, June 26th, there was the Andy Thompson bull riding benefit. I was honored to carry the American Flag during the National Anthem. On Saturday and Sunday, June 27th and 28th, the stands were packed for the rodeo performances. Also on Saturday, was the Lake City parade with many floats, fast cars, and all of the past Top Rail Saddle Club Queens to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
Congratulations to the 2009 Top Rail Saddle Club Queens, Senoir Queen Miss. Bailley Richardson and Junior Queen Sydney Batz.
I would like to give a big thank you to my new friends Mr. and Mrs. Blair and their daughter Miss. Jordanne Blair for allowing me to stay with them during the rodeo. I really appreciate their kindness!

No comments: