Monday, July 27, 2009

A blur of exciting times








I have been going to one rodeo to the next, and the next, and the next, and suddenly it has become a blur of exciting times!

On Tuesday I traveled to southern Iowa to attend the Centerville rodeo. I had a muddy fine time! I rested on Wednesday then hit the road to travel to Lenox for the annual three day rodeo. The stands were packed full for the three very impressive rodeo performances. On Thursday night the new Miss Rodeo Lenox, Suzy Fife, from Corning, Iowa was crowned. On Friday, before the rodeo, the rodeo queens, Miss Dallas County Fair Rodeo, Hannah Hilsabeck, Miss Rodeo Iowa, Lindsey Ahrenholtz, Miss URA, Kara Telfer, Miss Rodeo Leon Princess, Jenna Kool, Miss Rodeo Lenox, Suzy Fife, and I, spent the day at the Lenox bowling alley. We enjoyed testing our bowling skills in Wranglers. On Saturday the rodeo queens and I spent our afternoon at the Leon Care Facility. We brought the rodeo to the residents and helped celebrate two resident's upcoming birthdays. We spent our afternoon line dancing and playing western games.

The Saturday rodeo performance came in with bang, literally. That is the bang of me hitting the arena sand after riding a steer! I have always dreamed of riding a steer. I took advantage of the steer riding that was held every evening before the rodeo performances. I was accompanied by Miss Rodeo Lenox, who also took the challenge of riding. There were no broken limbs or tears, only smiles.





No comments: