Thursday, August 21, 2008

Headed to Missouri

I moved back to Ames the week of the 11th, so dad came through to pick me up on our way to Downing, Missouri. Once we got there we walked around and set up. Once I was all ready to go I headed up on Tank to warm him up. I was so honored to get to be so involved: carrying the American Flag, leading grand entry, chasing out, helping with the kids event, and doing the closing ceremonies. The Downing Rodeo Committe was so great, and so welcoming! If you ever have a chance to visit their rodeo, go for it. During the day Saturday, dad and I had a chance to catch up on all of the olympic events, clean a saddle, catch up on quite a bit of scrap booking, and even sneak in a little nap! Time just flew by, because soon enough I was back up to the arena warming up. There was two awesome nights for rodeo again this weekend. The weather was gorgeous, the crowd was fantastic, and the livestock were intense. Thank you to the Heartland Rodeo Company for letting me be such a big part of their rodeo, and the Downing Rodeo Committee for being so kind! I hope to come back and visit that rodeo.

No comments: