Monday, August 25, 2008

Nevada, Iowa Lincoln Highway Days






After a busy week in Ames doing recruitment for my sorority, Pi Beta Phi, I made the short trek to Nevada for their annual Lincoln Highway Days and rodeo. Heartland Rodeo Company was the stock contractor. Dad drove Tankers down and I met them there. With perfect weather, John and Jeep put on a great show, with tons of contestants. My highlight of the weekend happened on Saturday night however...I got to ride on a stage coach! Not once, not twice, but for several short trips! I was even on when there was four horses! Both nights of rodeo I got to chase back cattle with one of the pick-up men, Glen. Tank even walked away this weekend with a brand new bronc halter, but of course it has some pink rhinestones on it. I was very excited to have some of my Iowa State friends come to watch Saturday too. Thank you to everyone who made my Nevada trip so fun! A HUGE thanks to my dad for bringing my horse up and helping get him ready.

1 comment:

baby said...

great horse riding from a young couple