Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sidney and Carson PRCA Rodeos



On July 29th, I made the 2 hour trek to Sidney for the Sidney Rodeo and Miss Sidney Iowa Rodeo queen contest. Before I went and met up with everyone, I backed my own trailer in! Then I was picked up and headed to downtown Sidney. Then Holly Soucie, Lindsey Arenholtz, Aleigh Beahm, and I headed to the rodeo grounds for a radio interview, and then back to the Miss Sidney Iowa Rodeo competition. The girls gave some great speeches and did such a great job modeling. I am glad I wasn't a judge! It was great to see so many past Miss Rodeo Sidneys there as well! After that portion of the pageant we walked up the street to the museum and the drug store. It was so neat to see all of the history of Sidney, Iowa. There must be something with me and rain, because about parade time it started raining. All of the contestants, Lindsey Arenholtz (Miss Rodeo Aksarben), Aleigh Beahm (Miss Rodeo Iowa), Rachel Bergen (Miss Rodeo ISU), and myself tried covering our hats and outfits, but soon discovered it was just as fun in the rain. Thank goodness for Rachel Bergen, who rode beside me during most of the parade, because good old Tankers decided he wanted to put on a show! Next it was the much anticipated coronation, congrats to Morgan for winning Miss Sidney Iowa Rodeo 2009. Before we knew it, it was rodeo time. I was honored to get to chase out with Morgan and be in the arena! We also helped with mutton busting and then had a chance to sit back and enjoy the best sport on dirt. On Wednesday I helped Morgan get ready for her pictures, went with them for that and then ate lunch with her and Kim Skillet. Tankers and I spent some quality time together too, since he had some time off in early July! Then it was rodeo time, where I chased out, helped with the mutton busting, and kicked back and enjoyed the rodeo. Thursday, I had a little time before I needed to head to Carson. It was great to catch up with her and talk about some of our awesome summer adventures. I also got the call about the Governor's Charity Steer Show here too! After Aleigh and I had lunch it was off to Carson for me. Once in Carson, Dave, was nice enough to back my trailer in for me, because there wasn't quite as much room as in Sidney. I got all settled in and ready for the rodeo. Before the rodeo started I took time to visit the hospitality tent which was awesome!! For the grand entry I was a post, riding one of the stock contractors beautiful black and white paint horses. Then it was back to Tankers for a queens run. The rest of the night I chased out and helped with the many mutton busters! I even got to carry event sponsor flags! Tank got a work out but we loved every minute of it. The next two nights I was joined by Lindsey Arenholtz and we shared the duties! Friday night, Amanda Eason came and stayed with me to be my chaperone! We hung out in the trailer and watched a movie...until Amanda fell asleep!! Saturday they had a parade, in which Lindsey and I rode in. It was so neat, because you ride up one side of main street and down the other! Then it was rodeo time! I was honored to get to carry the American flag during the National Anthem. With more chasing out and mutton busting it made for a very full week! A huge thank you to the Carson Rodeo committee! Also to the judges who made my weekend so much fun! I even learned the story behind of their nicknames, "Chillidog"! This was for sure one of my most memorable weeks!

No comments: